People complain about The New Answers Book. They say that it’s so good at giving short, substantive answers that they want more. Well, we listened! In The New Answers Book 2 you’ll find 31 more great answers to big questions for the Christian life. Many view the original New Answers Book as an essential tool for modern discipleship. Both of these books answer such questions as: Can natural processes explain the origin of life? Can creationists be real scientists? Where did Cain get his wife? Is evolution a religion? and more!
Featuring 20 authors such as Ken Ham (who also served as general editor), Dr. David Menton, Dr. Georgia Purdom, Dr. Tommy Mitchell, Dr. Jason Lisle, Dr. Terry Mortenson, Dr. Monty White, and Paul Taylor, The New Answers Book 2 serves as a great reference and well-rounded faith-defending book. (Supplemental study guide also available.)
The history of the Answers Book series
Since it was originally compiled more than 20 years ago, and later expanded in three major updates, The Answers Book has been a top-seller among modern apologetic works.
It was a book born out of need. “As I traveled and spoke,” says Ken Ham, “I was constantly asked the same important questions everywhere I went. Christians needed a book with concise answers.” Working with associates at the ministry he co-founded in Australia, Ken created a book that answered the top questions about creation/evolution—written in a style laymen could easily understand. The last revised and expanded book was produced in the late 1990s.
One thing is certain—skeptics don’t always ask the same questions, and in today’s skeptical culture, common questions pertaining to the Bible, creation, and evolution are on the rise. As a result, numerous experts were again commissioned to create entirely new books with answers to more questions than ever.
The New Answers Book (volume 1) was written in 2006, answering 27 of these often-asked questions. Limiting the number of questions to 27 in the first volume was a difficult task, especially since there were plenty of other common questions that Christians receive—primarily while witnessing to non-Christians.
Because we want Christians to witness effectively, we put together The New Answers Book 2. It picks up where The New Answers Book 1 left off. This new volume combines chapters from the book War of the Worldviews, and nearly 20 more of today’s most oft-repeated questions. Volume 2 is an excellent complement to the first book, answering over 30 questions in total.
The New Answers Book 2 is designed to give lay Christians answers to false worldviews such as evolution and millions of years that pervade today’s culture! Like The New Answers Book 1, each chapter in volume 2 is a “stand alone” allowing them to be read in any order. The New Answers Book 2 (as well as volume 1) is a must-have addition to any library and essential to have answers to this skeptical age!
31 illustrated chapters
- What Is a Biblical Worldview? (Stacia McKeever & Ken Ham)
- What’s the Best “Proof ” of Creation? (Ken Ham)
- Are Biblical Creationists Divisive? (Bodie Hodge)
- How Old Is the Earth? (Bodie Hodge)
- Are There Gaps in the Genesis Geneologies? (Larry Pierce & Ken Ham)
- Can Natural Processes Explain the Origin of Life? (Mike Riddle)
- Are Mutations Part of the “Engine” of Evolution? (Bodie Hodge)
- Did Humans Really Evolve from Apelike Creatures? (Dr. David Menton)
- Does the Bible Say Anything about Astronomy? (Dr. Jason Lisle)
- Does the Big Bang Fit with the Bible? (Dr. Jason Lisle)
- Where Did the Idea of “Millions of Years” Come From? (Dr. Terry Mortenson)
- What’s Wrong with Progressive Creation? (Ken Ham & Dr. Terry Mortenson)
- Is the Intelligent Design Movement Christian? (Dr. Georgia Purdom)
- Can Creationists Be “Real” Scientists? (Dr. Jason Lisle)
- How Should a Christian Respond to “Gay Marriage”? (Ken Ham)
- Did People like Adam and Noah Really Live Over 900 Years of Age? (Dr. David Menton & Dr. Georgia Purdom)
- Why 66? (Brian H. Edwards)
- What Was the Christmas Star? (Dr. Jason Lisle)
- Is Jesus God? (Dr. Ron Rhodes)
- Information: Evidence for a Creator? (Mike Riddle)
- Is Evolution a Religion? (Dr. Tommy Mitchell & Dr. A.J. Monty White)
- Is the Bible Enough? (Paul Taylor)
- Aren’t Millions of Years Required for Geological Processes? (Dr. John Whitmore)
- Doesn’t Egyptian Chronology Prove That the Bible Is Unreliable? (Dr. Elizabeth Mitchell)
- What about Satan and the Origin of Evil? (Bodie Hodge)
- Why Is the Scopes Trial Significant? (Ken Ham & Dr. David Menton)
- Isn’t the Bible Full of Contradictions? (Paul F. Taylor)
- Was the Dispersion at Babel a Real Event? (Bodie Hodge)
- When Does Life Begin? (Dr. Tommy Mitchell)
- Do Creationists Believe in “Weird” Physics like Relativity, Quantum Mechanics, and String Theory? (Dr. Danny Faulkner)
- Doesn’t the Order of Fossils in the Rock Record Favor Long Ages? (Dr. Andrew Snelling)
And a bonus chapter! The Biggest Question of All (Dr. David R. Crandall)